- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: 2018-09-30
- Time: 08:00 - 09:30
[In English] Intro to empathic listening
Do you want to improve your listening skills and understand other people more easily?
Or maybe you miss being heard and would love to make contact with people who share similar values as you, such as honesty, empathy, connection and openness?
Listening to other people, focusing on their feelings and their story might be sometimes overwhelming. Our first reaction is to help them to be happy again and to solve all their problems as fast as possible. Unfortunately, it is not what they expect. They want your attention, your presence and empathy. Time for finding solutions will come later…
So, what is empathy and how to listen to others with empathy?
Take part in this introductory workshop and learn basic tools that you can use immediately to strengthen contact with people you care about.
What will you gain if you attend this workshop?
– you will know how to fully listen to other people, without judging or criticizing;
– you will practice attentive, empathic listening and recognition of feelings and needs of others;
– you will make the first contact with your feelings and get a bit of empathy and support in naming your needs;
– you will learn the basics of the Nonviolent Communication and empathic listening.